You take long, soothing baths, get a relaxing facial once a month and consciously take time out to indulge in the activities, hobbies, adventures and experiences you love. You even have a candle with a scent labelled “self-love”. So, surely, you’re all over this self-love thing… right?
We have good news and bad news.
The good news? You’re partly doing self-love right. Taking time out for yourself, doing things you love and nurturing your physical body are all elements of self-love.
But they’re not the whole picture. Which brings us to the bad news…
If this is the only form of self-love you’re showing yourself, you’re doing it wrong.
Especially if, even after repeat doses of ‘self-love’:
- It doesn’t take long for old, negative feelings to creep back in and overwhelm you.
- You still feel depressed, anxious, lonely, angry, overwhelmed or lost.
- You self-soothe and push down those negative emotions by binge-eating, shopping, drowning yourself in mindless TV, doing drugs, losing yourself in sex or finding other ways to numb the pain.
- You struggle with feelings of worthiness and walk around with an inner critic whispering/screeching, “You’re not enough.”
If this sounds like you, pause for a moment and give yourself a hug. Wrap your arms around your torso and repeat after us: Wherever I am is okay. I am a human having a spiritual experience. I’m doing my best.
But, if you’re doing self-love wrong… what is the right way?
Here at Illuminated Space, we’re all about love energy.
Love energy is a multidimensional force that is both the fabric of our existence, as well as, a flowing, dynamic connection with others.
Love energy vibrates at the highest frequency and radiates at the center of our being. It cannot be seen, but it can be deeply felt in our essential connections with others and most importantly, ourselves!
Self-love is the most efficient and effective method to increase love energy. It’s not about occasionally taking a bubble bath or lighting a candle. Self-love is taking consistent actions aligned with our highest good. So… if you’re doing it wrong, you’re going to be low in love energy.
The great thing about love energy is that, when we’re operating from a place focused on our highest good, we create love energy ourselves! Go us, huh?
When our love energy levels are full, we feel:
- Whole, complete, fulfilled and at peace.
- Completely capable of effectively managing and dealing with any negative feelings and situations that arise.
- Fully confident in ourselves and our abilities.
- That life is an incredible adventure we are honored to experience.
Sound like the kind of life you want to lead? Us too!
And, back to some good news, we’ve already given you the secret to topping up and creating your own love energy: Living in alignment with your highest good.
Which, to be clear, doesn’t always mean doing things that feel good.
Sometimes what’s in our highest good doesn’t feel good at all. Like apologizing when we’re in the wrong, challenging ourselves to face a situation outside our comfort zone and eating healthily when there’s a donut and cupcakes within reaching distance.
Which means serving yourself steady portions of self-love isn’t as clear-cut as you may have thought.
So… how do you know if you’re doing it right and creating your own love energy?
Easy! You take the free Love Energy Levels quiz and discover how full (or low) your love energy levels are right now. It’s like a thermometer for your self-love, showing you what’s happening with your love energy in this very moment. You in?